Today I created a garlicky white pizza with ricotta cheese which is delectable and unique. The popular Pizza Bianca is rooted in Italian cuisine, which is a white pizza made by pancetta, mozzarella, parmesan flakes, and arugula.
I enjoy making it as this pizza is light and easy to prepare, and replaces the use of marinara sauce. I lightly dusted semolina when I shaped the pizza dough. This helped make the pizza super-crispy with the crust having a chewy texture, and the end result is to behold. Before serving the pizza I simply sprinkled fresh arugula on top. This pizza is the best addition to my weekday meal menu, and my kids love it. Here is the recipe for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 pound pizza dough, divide into 3 portions
- ½ cup semolina (‘sooji’ in Urdu) for dusting
- 4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6-8 fresh bocconcini mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 can 2 oz. (56 g per can) flat fillets of anchovies with olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- Sea salt as needed
- For garnishing:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400-degree Fahrenheit. Line the baking dish with parchment paper and brush with olive oil.
- In a bowl, add anchovies, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and sea salt. Mix together until the mixture turns smooth. Set aside.
- Pour semolina flour on a flat surface. Shape the pizza dough evenly into a rectangular shape. Then transfer to prepared baking dish. Tip: I like to have a thinner pizza crust to bake.
- Heat olive oil in a small size saucepan over medium heat. Fry garlic until it turns golden brown. Spread fried garlic with olive oil all over pizza dough. Then spread prepared ricotta cheese mixture and bocconcini mozzarella on pizza dough. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella evenly on top of pizza.
- Bake pizza until crust and cheese is turning golden brown – about 15-20 minutes. Serve with arugula, chili flakes, and lemon juice all over pizza on top.