The great thing about quinoa is that it can be enjoyed with a variety of meal menus. It is nutritious while also being low in carbs. We can enjoy it with porridge, sandwiches, or stews.
Today in my innovative salad recipe, I have used quinoa with golden berries and avocado. I drizzled a spicy dressing made with an abundance of fresh herbs – inspired by Vietnamese cuisine.
Golden berries are similar to tomatillos. They taste tart and also have a sweet flavor. They are nutritious, brimming with minerals and vitamins, and good for immunity.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 cup golden barriers
- For Salad Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet & chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5-6 fresh red Thai red chili
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, thinly chopped
- Sea salt as needed
Preparing the salad dressing:
In a bowl, add all the ingredients to make a dipping sauce. Set aside.
Pour cooked quinoa into a serving plate and add all the ingredients mentioned above. Pour two tablespoons of the dressing and mix well until well combined. Serve on a gorgeous platter.